Thursday, April 28, 2016

Mistleholly stockings for National Nonwovens


I dug out my Mistleholly stocking pattern to whip up these two samples for National Nonwovens' Spring Quilt Market booth. National Nonwovens is responsible for much wool felt happiness in the world, so I am glad they are around! These stockings are made entirely of wool felt, ribbon and sequins.


In progress shot. I forgot what an easy make these are. They come together really quickly. I may have to sew myself a set in new colors...


To me, these are the perfect sized stocking to hang from the mantel (15 inches long). I don't love huge, shapeless stockings. I like them to have a nice foot shape and to look pretty! They are usually hanging up at my house for about a month before they are ever stuffed with goodies. They need to function as Christmas eye candy.



The pattern has a template so you can easily get the leaf and stem placement just right. Just one sewn line down the center of each leaf and you are done. I like them to be unsewn at the edges so there's a bit of 3D action going on. The sequins and glass beads add a bit of holiday sparkle. You have to have some sparkle at Christmas!

1 comment:

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!